"Traditionally designers are queried for a 'need' and then have to solve problems to fulfill it. But in reality a designer needs to look at cost targets, broad manufacturing goals, edging competition - and then find a design that solves for all of those parameters - making all of the parameters into one final thing - completing the puzzle." - Robert Glenn, President Rute Design
There always has to be a discovery phase, a design phase and a product roll-out - the basis of a traditional design process, but based on this puzzle philosophy WHAT we are researching, and HOW we are designing within those discovery results are very different that the average design firm.
We look at all projects in phases: Concept Generation, Optimization, Visualization and Realization
It's impossible to define a scope for something that doesn't exist - hence the challenge with product creation. With the above process we are actually able to create scopes. The client gets what they want to get because there is total clarity from the beginning of the project.
- Concept Generation: ask, listen, search, analyze.
- Visualization: sketch, 3-D model, photo-real render.
- Optimization: time, quality money - plan, troubleshoot.
- Realization: "Looks Like" & "Works Like" models, prototyping, tooling, production, art, post-engineering.
- Fiinalization: E-Commerce Front and Back End, B2C Fulfillment, B2B Fulfillment.